Licensing & Trademarks

Texas A&M University was established in 1876 and was Texas' first public institution of higher learning. Being a school as rich in history and deep traditions as Texas A&M is, it is important to protect the integrity of the marks, names, and logos that have come to represent the university.

All on- and off- campus individuals, groups and organizations must receive written approval from the Office of Business Development prior to the use of any of Texas A&M's marks, names, and logos.

Collegiate Licensing Company

Texas A&M University uses the Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC) as its primary licensing agent. CLC is the nation's leading collegiate trademark licensing and marketing company, assisting collegiate institutions in protecting, managing and developing their brands.

For information on CLC's resources and services, as well as applications for becoming a licensed vendor of Texas A&M University please contact the Collegiate Licensing Company directly:

CLC logo Collegiate Licensing Company
1075 Peachtree Street
Suite 3300
Atlanta, GA 30309
Phone: 770-956-0520
Fax: 770-955-4491

How to Become Licensed

Before an individual or business may use Texas A&M University's marks, formal permission must be granted through a license agreement. There are several types of licensing agreements to accommodate different licensee needs.

The Collegiate Licensing Company issues the following licenses. For questions or applications please contact CLC.

  • Standard License: A Standard License is available to companies that wish to manufacture collegiate product for six or more institutions, and is typically reserved for larger manufacturers with well-established production, distribution, and marketing capabilities.
  • Local License: A Local License is available to companies that desire to obtain a license with an institution located in their immediate in-state marketplace. A company may only apply for three institutions or less with the initial application, but can ultimately become licensed for up to five institutions within the same state as their business location.
  • Internal Campus Supplier: An Internal Campus Supplier License allows a company to produce merchandise bearing the trademarks of collegiate institutions for university departments and related entities for internal consumption only. In addition, internal campus suppliers cannot sell to any entity if the product will be resold and/or used for promotional purposes (gift-with-purchase) or fundraising.

Texas A&M University issues the following licenses. For questions or an application please contact Rosa Rodriguez.

  • Crafter's License (PDF): A Crafter's License is reserved for individuals who wish to produce handmade> products for a single institution. This license allows the Licensee to sell less than 500 TAMU licensed products or less than $2,500 in TAMU licensed products in one year. Any sales above and beyond these limits will require the Licensee to obtain one of the above-mentioned licensees from the Collegiate Licensing Company.
  • Mural Agreements (PDF): A Mural Agreement grants permission to use the University's marks internally on a wall at a Licensee's place of business. The mural/art work must be preapproved in writing by the Office of Business Development. The Mural Agreement does not cover reproductions of the mural, such as a flyer, brochure, or other publication.

Licensed Vendors

To view or download a list of Texas A&M's licensed vendors, as well as a list of where to shop locally, please see below.

Texas A&M Visual Identity Guide

Maintaining a consistent and professional image is important to the success of the Texas A&M brand. Texas A&M licensees are encouraged, within the guidelines, to be creative in the application of the marks. All designs are subject to approval by the Collegiate Licensing Company and the Office of Business Development prior to use.

Please review the Texas A&M Brand Guide for guidelines and proper usage of marks, names, and logos before producing any Texas A&M branded products.

Report a Violation

To report a violation of licensing or trademark use, please contact the Office of Business Development or report the violation by email.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

The Office of Business Development maintains a growing list of frequently asked questions. For specific questions not covered in the FAQ, please feel free to contact the Office of Business Development.